Whether you strain your wrists using a computer for work or during a workout, wrist pain can be significant and impact your daily routine. While may people think that wrist aches or pains aren’t too important, fixing the problem right away ensures that pain will not affect your lifestyle.
An article in GMB Fitness suggests six simple exercises that can help strengthen the wrists to alleviate pain.
1. Fingers facing toward your knees, with palms facing down
2. Fingers facing toward your knees, with palms facing up
3. Fingers facing forward, palms down, then perform closed chain finger extension. Then you’ll emphasize fingers and your thumbs.
4. Back of the hand wrist extension (fingers facing each other in the middle).
5. Fingers facing backward on palm finger extension.
6. The same 3 positions as above, but in the top of a pushup position.
It’s important to modify these exercises based on personal comfort but practicing these movements will increase the flexibility and strength of your wrists, resulting in decreased injury and pain.
For more information, visit https://gmb.io/wrists/ or talk to one our our healthcare professionals.